Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof (Spray On)
The only waterproofer designed to protect against UV damage and enhance water repellency of all weatherproof textiles. Easy to apply by hand, non-flammable, PFC and aerosol free.
- Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof is a high performance spray-on waterproofer and UV blocker for all synthetic weatherproof textiles.
- Restores water-repellency to weather-proof fabrics.
- Increases fabric strength.
- Great for use on tents, tent flys, backpacks, and many other outdoor fabrics
- Foaming sprayhead to prevent run-off
- water based, non-persistent, PFAS-free, non-flammable, and contains no VOCs, optical brighteners, or added scent.
- Adds UV protection to prevent sun damage and double the lifespan of gear; works best after application of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash.
For waterproofing and UV protection
Why exposure to UV can compromise synthetic materials...
Synthetic fabrics used for tents and backpacks are coated with a water repellent treatment. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light both destroys the water repellency and leads to a reduction in fabric tear strength, significantly shortening the lifespan of equipment.
The application of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® can double the effective life of equipment by protecting against UV damage, while also providing Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to keep the rain out.
Tent and backpack fabrics are light and strong, but vulnerable…
Tents and backpacks use synthetic fabrics, such as nylon or polyester, with a thin watertight polyurethane (PU) or elastomeric coating on the inside and a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating on the outside. This combination gives great strength and water resistance, combined with light weight; ideal attributes for outdoor equipment.
Unfortunately these fabrics are vulnerable to sunlight and in two weeks of continuous exposure, can lose up to half of their strength. Additionally, the inner coating will degrade if it is left damp for long periods.
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® protects the entire fabric, from the effects of both UV and water.
Use Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof Regularly
To most effectively benefit from the ultraviolet (UV) and Durable Water Repellent (DWR) protection of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® it is best applied to equipment regularly.
During use the equipment fabric will pick up dirt and other contaminants which stop water from beading on the fabric surface. When this occurs the DWR can be revitalized by cleaning with Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash®.
Over time the DWR will wear off through use. Both the DWR and UV protection can be replenished by reapplication of Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof®.
For best results make sure you use the correct product…
Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof® has been specifically formulated for synthetic outdoor equipment to provide Durable Water Repellency (DWR) and ultraviolet (UV) protection.